1.09.2013

Thirty Two

365 days have seemingly flown by, and here we are celebrating my birthday yet again. I'm not big on celebrations for myself for some reason. I feel a lot of people selfishly put too much pressure and expectation on their loved ones to 'go all out' for their big days. While of course it's nice to be noticed and celebrated for a day, I don't feel that too much of an effort is needed for it to feel successful.
So today I spent my day in a perfectly relaxing, typically Laura fashion. August started back to school for the spring semester, so I dropped him off first thing in the morning, and spent the remainder of my merry time running errands, doing a little shopping, and a lot of browsing at my own, quiet, pace. Did I mention it was raining all morning? I absolutely love nothing more than a slightly cold, grey, rainy day. The perfect birthday backdrop if ever I could have created one.
Anyway, I didn't buy anything particularly flashy or noteworthy, as a matter of fact almost everything was for my boys...I do love shopping for them. Then I treated myself to a Chickfila lunch, picked Augie up from school, put him down for a nap, came home and baked myself a cake from scratch. ( I make yummy cakes, I do not claim them to be pretty or clean) Before I knew it Kevin was home early with a handful of my favorite purple irises, and the rest of the evening was spent with my loves. A perfectly simple, and lovely way to spend my 'special' day.

he ate one sprinkle for every one he placed.
he's REALLY into birthdays right now. 
Thirty Two in all her 'glory'
always nearby to lend his help
literally cheered Papa on the entire time he was cutting our slices
she was every bit as scrumptious as I had hoped
the end of a wonderful day,
and the beginning of another blessed year.

No comments:

Post a Comment