1.12.2012

a Healthy Addiction

It's no secret that I lack self-control when it comes to purchases for August. I can justify buying him just about anything, which is incredibly dangerous considering the kid doesn't even ask for things yet! Books are definitely my biggest weakness. But considering that reading through a large portion of our home library has been part of our daily routine for the past 23 months, I can easily justify a new purchase. August was gifted with several new additions to his collection for Christmas, but of course when I came across the Barnes and Noble after Christmas sale, I knew I couldn't pass it up. I only got slightly carried away.
Before Christmas we were on the verge of outgrowing our basket system in the living room, and by January we knew we needed some new organization. So Kevin got to work, with some help from August, modifying the bottom of our two existing built-in shelves to display Augie's books. Needless to say he loves being able to see all of his books at once, and has even rediscovered some old favorites. I didn't think however that he would want to plop down right there on the floor to read them, I'm predicting that Lilly dog is about to lose custody of her bed.


thank you book sale!


 happy, little book worm

No comments:

Post a Comment