1.03.2011

Happy New Year!

To continue with our leisurely theme for the week, we had a very low-key New Year's Eve celebration. Maybe this means we're lame, but we(I) quite like just hanging in and around the house by our lonesome. After the little guy went to bed, I picked up some to-go food from a local mexican food establishment we had yet to try, and some Prosecco just to feel like we were celebrating in style. Kevin made a delicous, and I have to say that is an understatement, fig pudding. We had never had it, and this may not have been a traditional version, but I will definitely be having it again. Let me repeat, it was amazing. Anyway, back with our evening... we heard a nice, long firework show put on by the city of Austin but didn't feel like making the jaunt out front to actually take in the sights. We ended the night with a movie, to which I fell asleep to at approximately 11:40. It might not have been one for the record books, but I thought it was an awfully relaxing introduction to the new year.





No comments:

Post a Comment